Time & Location
About the Event
This class is the knowledge base of handgun shooting and is a great foundation for further learning. If you are new to shooting or have recently completed/ are planning to get your Illinois concealed carry license then this is a good place to start and learn the correct and safe way to shoot a handgun well. Students will learn the safe way to operate a handgun and a large part of this class will focus on actual physical gun handling skills, how to move and handle loaded handguns.
- Correct and safe holster draw and reholstering
- The importance of the correct grip and how to establish it when drawing the handgun
- Stance and the body’s natural point of aim principle
- Sight picture and sight alignment techniques
- Trigger control techniques
- Manipulation and loading and unloading techniques
- Reloading and malfunction clearing
- Suitable handgun and at least 3 magazines
- ONLY outside waistband holsters will be allowed
- 250 rounds of ammunition minimum
- Eyes and ears protection.
- Limited and Full Members: 95$
- Public: 125$
*To be paid at the range
Instructor: Pete Milionis.
Please arrive early to fill out waivers! Social distancing and indoor masks mandatory.